Joining the United States Australian Shepherd Association (USASA)
Whether you are an active exhibitor, breeder or pet owner, becoming a club member means becoming part of the parent club and supporting its goals of promoting, preserving, and protecting the Australian Shepherd.
Benefits of USASA Membership:
- You automatically receive the award-winning USASA magazine, The Journal, with articles on many subjects including, behavior, show and trial statistics, club activities, great photos and more!
- You automatically receive the monthly USASA Newsletter with timely information on club activities, legislative alerts, AKC news and other issues.
- Only USASA members are eligible for Year-End Awards, Junior Awards, and the Record of Merit and Hall of Fame recognition programs.
- Only USASA members are eligible for annual H&G screening tests at reduced prices.
- Only USASA members are eligible to vote for judges for the USASA National Specialties.
- Only USASA members are entitled to vote for Officers and Board members of the club. Members also vote on other issues affecting the club.
Responsibilities of USASA Membership:
Membership in USASA is open to persons who subscribe to the purposes of the club and are in good standing with the American Kennel Club. Members agree to abide by the USASA Constitution and By-laws and the USASA Code of Ethics.
Click here for the USASA Constitution & By-laws which contain more details on member eligibility.
Click here for the USASA Code of Ethics.
Membership Application - New Members
If you wish to apply by mail, click here to print a USASA Membership Application Form. This Form must be completed and mailed to the USASA Membership Chair along with a check or money order for your membership dues payable to USASA in U.S. funds.
Alternatively, you may apply online with payment through PayPal. Follow the directions under Membership Dues Payment through PayPal.
Note to Junior Member Applicants - as there is no membership fee for Juniors, all new membership applications should be sent by mail to the Membership Chair.
Each year USASA members receive a membership renewal postcard for the upcoming year. Members may renew by either returning the postcard with a check or money order for membership dues to the Membership Chair, or renew membership online with payment through PayPal.
Please note: Membership renewals received after April 1st must be accompanied by a Membership Application Form. This means members who have not renewed membership by the April 1st deadline are treated as new member applicants and must follow the new member application rules including notification of their new application in the USASA Newsletter.
If you wish to renew your membership online with payment through PayPal, follow the directions under Membership Dues Payment through PayPal.